Our little fam- I get a laugh out of this pic every time- Sophie just looks soo bewildered and the way her arms are positioned just screams "protect the parents!" hehehe maybe she caught sight of the "Jason" mannequin that was by our table.
Me and the girls
Originally we had planned on going to Zions National park to do some hiking on Sunday but all of us were pretty wiped out from Vegas that we decided to just chill in St. George and Andy and Jess took us on a walking tour of Dixie campus. Memorial day was our last day so we chose to hike some areas around St. George and then go swimming at the hotel that Andy works at before heading back home. All in all it was a good trip and I'm already trying to plan our next road trip, maybe this time out to Colorado.....
Andy at work hahahaha :D- I know I told you I wouldn't post this but I just couldn't resist! You just look sooo PROFESSIONAL, I should send this picture to the top dogs and have them put it in an advertisement for the hotel hehehe; I'll be waiting for your vendetta.
Getting ready for the pool, not the best picture of me but sooo cute of Sophie, don't you just love the swimsuit?! :) Thanks Tia Ina.
At first Sophie didn't know if she liked the pool or not but then she got use to it and this is a picture of her enjoying herself while Daddy kept her afloat.
All that swimming wore her out that she ending up sleeping for a good hour just next to the pool so Jess, Cory, and I took advantage of this time to kick back and relax as well.
By the time we finished swimming Andy got off work so we headed back to pack up our things and spend a little more time with Andy and Jess before having to leave. Thanks again guys for letting us crash at your place, we had a wonderful time and we'll have to do another trip soon!
Now moving on to Emily and Joey's wedding, they were married on the 30th up in Logan. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't be happier for the two of them, they make a great pair! I spaced out about taking pictures, figures, so I don't have as many as I would have liked but here are a few.
Sophie and I outside the Temple
This is a picture of one of Sophie's cousins, Lilli, she is 5mons older than Sophie. It'll be so much fun when they're both older, they'll be great playmates. :) Below is a picture of another cousin, Ethan who is 2, trying to see through the fence at the Willow Park Zoo where Em and Joey's wedding luncheon was held. Love the shades!
Now for those of you that know Willow Park Zoo know that it doesn't have exciting attractions like lions and tigers and gorillas, instead it has exhibits like this:
Exciting isn't it? One of the few exhibits showcasing something other than ducks, the coyotes. At least it was fun for Cory and I watching Sophie see "wild" animals for the first time... well, she didn't really give a hoot either way but STILL I can pretend she was excited.
After the luncheon we had to jet back to Cory's parents house where the reception was going to be held that night and get the food prepped and the yard decorated. It turned out to be a beautiful reception, at one point there was some threatening black storm clouds but luckily it held out and we didn't have to rush everything inside.
Picture of Em's cake that her friend made for her, beautiful!
Cory and Sophie- you can see the bride in the background, sadly thats the only pic I got of Em. :( Good thing I wasn't the photographer. Speaking of photographers, the photographer took I don't know how many pictures of Sophie all with other fam and random people! Sophie was a socialite at the reception and was passed around between family members and guests and everytime I looked to check on Sophie I'd see her getting a picture taken while being held by someone- towards the end of the reception the photographer came up to us to take a picture of the couples there so I know there's ONE picture of Sophie with her actual parents but I expect to get copies of all of those other pictures. :) Towards the end of the reception everyone was dragging and ready to call it a night, it had been a LONG LONG day but a good day. So below is an embarrassing picture of JESS! hahahaha! see Andy you have nothing to worry about with your work pic.
Sophie wondering when we were going to be done for the day, she had enough partying for one weekend.
The following day we spent some time with my family and then went back home where we all crashed. Since then we've been taking things easy, I'm working on some curtains for Sophie's room so once they're done I'll get some pictures posted on here.

By the time we finished swimming Andy got off work so we headed back to pack up our things and spend a little more time with Andy and Jess before having to leave. Thanks again guys for letting us crash at your place, we had a wonderful time and we'll have to do another trip soon!Now moving on to Emily and Joey's wedding, they were married on the 30th up in Logan. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't be happier for the two of them, they make a great pair! I spaced out about taking pictures, figures, so I don't have as many as I would have liked but here are a few.
Sophie and I outside the Temple
This is a picture of one of Sophie's cousins, Lilli, she is 5mons older than Sophie. It'll be so much fun when they're both older, they'll be great playmates. :) Below is a picture of another cousin, Ethan who is 2, trying to see through the fence at the Willow Park Zoo where Em and Joey's wedding luncheon was held. Love the shades!
Now for those of you that know Willow Park Zoo know that it doesn't have exciting attractions like lions and tigers and gorillas, instead it has exhibits like this:
Exciting isn't it? One of the few exhibits showcasing something other than ducks, the coyotes. At least it was fun for Cory and I watching Sophie see "wild" animals for the first time... well, she didn't really give a hoot either way but STILL I can pretend she was excited.
After the luncheon we had to jet back to Cory's parents house where the reception was going to be held that night and get the food prepped and the yard decorated. It turned out to be a beautiful reception, at one point there was some threatening black storm clouds but luckily it held out and we didn't have to rush everything inside.
Picture of Em's cake that her friend made for her, beautiful!
Cory and Sophie- you can see the bride in the background, sadly thats the only pic I got of Em. :( Good thing I wasn't the photographer. Speaking of photographers, the photographer took I don't know how many pictures of Sophie all with other fam and random people! Sophie was a socialite at the reception and was passed around between family members and guests and everytime I looked to check on Sophie I'd see her getting a picture taken while being held by someone- towards the end of the reception the photographer came up to us to take a picture of the couples there so I know there's ONE picture of Sophie with her actual parents but I expect to get copies of all of those other pictures. :) Towards the end of the reception everyone was dragging and ready to call it a night, it had been a LONG LONG day but a good day. So below is an embarrassing picture of JESS! hahahaha! see Andy you have nothing to worry about with your work pic.
Sophie wondering when we were going to be done for the day, she had enough partying for one weekend.
The following day we spent some time with my family and then went back home where we all crashed. Since then we've been taking things easy, I'm working on some curtains for Sophie's room so once they're done I'll get some pictures posted on here.
No comments:
Post a Comment