Sophie and Daddy taking in the view

One of the many lizards we saw on the hike, he's in the middle of the picture
Sophie and Mami

Our lil hiker all tired out
My mother's day gift
Sophie next to some of the flowers we planted
just a few pics of Sophie and her padres after church today, she'll be 5 months on tuesday so we thought we'd take some pictures with Mami and Sophie dressed up.


Me and the Birthday girl. Love you Ali! You're the best!
Real's penalty shot
A brief moment inbtwn all the mayhem in the last few minutes of play, we already had Sophie in the baby bjorn ready to jet out the second the game ended.
For Mother's day we celebrated a day early and Sophie and Cory surprised me with a trip to R.E.I. where they bought me the Keen Commuter Sandals that I've been wanting for-ev-er! They're like the regular keen sandals but with the built-in clips so I can go straight from riding the bike to walking without having to change shoes. I've practically been living in them but have yet to try them out on the bike. I'm STILL waiting to go out on the bike, yesterday we tried fitting Sophie in her Burley buggy but she's still not big enough so if I want to go I'm going to have to go by myself and leave Cory with her. If anyone knows of any biking groups here in Davis County let me know cause thats one of the reasons I haven't gone by myself, I don't know any of the routes around here. After R.E.I we went and checked out the IKEA store just cause we haven't been there since it opened, it's nice but not our style. Then we went to Taipan and then went to a early dinner at the Mayan. Then on the actual mami's day we drove up to Logan and spent the day with our Mamis and the rest of our families.
Other things we've been up to: Mamama gave Sophie and I some flowers so we planted them in some pots to put in our entry-way to make it more inviting. Earlier this month I went up to Logan for a girl's night out with all my sister-in-laws it was fun, we went out to eat at Chili's and then slept over at Cory's parent's house where we just caught up on what was going on with everyone and had some bonding time. That morning Jenni (one of my sis-in-laws) and I went on a run to Old Main hill and back and then my other sis-in-law Jess, Cory, and I went to visit Grandma Speth and then went to lunch at Village Inn.
Sophie next to some of the flowers we planted
just a few pics of Sophie and her padres after church today, she'll be 5 months on tuesday so we thought we'd take some pictures with Mami and Sophie dressed up.
On the 6th we took Sophie to her first Real soccer game with Ali! We went to celebrate Ali's birthday a few days early and Ali and I were soo pumped to go to the game because it was against L.A. Galaxy. We couldn't wait to see Beckham but a few days before the game I learned that Beckham was still over in Europe playing for A.C. Milan so that he'd qualify to be picked for England's world cup team later on so we were very disappointed. But the game overall was tons of fun especially during the 4mins of salvage time, Real had been leading the entire game 1-0 and in the first minute of overtime Galaxy was awarded a penalty kick from a handball in the box Landon Donovan took the shot, made the goal, tying the game 1-1. Immediately after Real was awarded a penalty kick and they pulled ahead to 2-1 and in the last and final minute of play Galaxy caught Real's goalie off-guard and shot a goal right thru his legs, making the final score 2-2. Sorry for those of you that don't understand or care for soccer, thanks for putting up with my "babble". :) Anyway by the end of the game Sophie herself was WAY into it! She was talking up a storm and very focused on the players and the spectators around us that she wouldn't take her bottle when we tried to feed her. Needless to say she went to sleep very quickly once we were home.

Me and the Birthday girl. Love you Ali! You're the best!
Real's penalty shot
A brief moment inbtwn all the mayhem in the last few minutes of play, we already had Sophie in the baby bjorn ready to jet out the second the game ended.For Memorial we're heading down to St. George to visit Andy and Jess and do some hiking in Zions and shopping in Vegas, can't wait! It'll be Sophie's first long distance road trip but I'm sure she'll do fine. Then the following weekend Cory's lil sis Emily is tying the knot so I'll have tons of pictures to post in the coming weeks.
8 comments:
Sounds like you've been busy and having fun! Sophie is looking so big these days! And very cute of course :)
Oh my gosh, she is SOOO freaking cute. I can't believe how big she is. I love the picture of her next to your flower pot. I didn't realize your in Davis county. Where do you guys live again? We are in North Salt Lake. We are practically neighbors! So fun, maybe we should plan a play date. ;) Oh and by the way, I'm totally jealous of how good you look. I have much weight to lose still from my two little babes. Ugh...
It looks like you guys have been busy without me :( haha! I miss you so much I can't stand it! I can't wait to see the pictures from the wedding and get some bigger size and put them all over my house. Sophie is such a doll!!!!!!!!! I can't get over how big she is getting! I love the picture of you and her its perfect! When are you guys coming back to Logan?
She is getting soooo big! She looks so cute in her sunglasses and hat! I miss you girls, I hope we are able to get together this week and do lunch!
Looks like you guys are doing good. What a beautiful hike. I will have to get more details on it. I still don't know all of the trails around here and that would be fun. We did a lot of hiking this fall while we were in Blanding for a month. We even hiked with Will to the Delicate Arch. We need to get together sometime soon now that you guys are all settled.
You guys are so photogenic. What great family pictures. Sophie i s darling and is really getting big. I love her sun glasses! Ashkyn has really started to like playing with her sun glasses but never wears them for very long. How do you get Sophie to keep them on?
I love her all decked out in her protective gear to keep her safe from the sun! She sure is adorable!!
I'm on the blog page! Wahoo. I feel like i've finally made it in the world : )
Post a Comment