Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I want to ride my bicycle!

My my my what a big girl! Here are Sophie's stats from her 4 month checkup:
weight-14 lbs 11 oz, 71st percentile
height- 25.25 inches, 83rd percentile
head circumference-16.7 inches, 83rd percentile
Of course mami and daddy are soo proud of their little (well not so little) girl and are happy to see that we're doing something right, don't worry Sophie we'll probably mess you up somehow sooner or later. :) To celebrate her 4 month mark we decided to do the Latin thing and get her ears pierced (in many latin countries they actually let you pierce your baby's ears while you're still in the hospital) so now she's sporting some bling.

This is the only pic I have right now that shows off the earrings best.

Right now I'm itching to go outside and ride my bike the weather is soo nice but unfortunately Cory is still at work and Sophie isn't quite big enough to ride in the burley buggy we have for the bike so instead i've complied some of the songs that I like to listen to while riding in addition to the usual songs I like to chill to thinking that that'll help soothe the urge but instead its just getting me more wound up. Ohh Sophie! Why can't you just skip crawling and walking and go straight to riding a bike then we could both go out and go for a cruise........ah the joys of being a parent....Another time then good ol Red, til then I'll be thinking of you!


The view from our place soo sunny, but I can't go :(
Well I guess I'll tell you what else we've been up to these past few weeks, we bought Sophie a jumper to satisfy her constant desire to jump and stand and she finally figured out how to use it today! :) Sophie can now say Mama- thats right I said Mama, she says it when shes really upset and cries "Ma maaaaaa!" and its only when she's hurting or really sad so I can pretend she knows who she's asking for. ;P In addition to mama she loves to converse with her tongue blowing bubbles and making pttthhh sounds (however you write that) I'll get a video on here to show you what I mean.

Besides me longing to go cycling, we've been spending a lot of time outdoors when the weather permits going on lots of walks, running, and taking Sophie to the park. We're planning to take her on her first hike as soon as the trails dry up. And thanks to our time switch we've all been able to hit the gym regularly so I'm finally starting to see results, I've dropped 7lbs so i've lost the 4lbs leftover from my pregnancy and am now back on track for my regular weight loss and fitness goals. We've been doing a combo of running, biking, and strength training. Besides exercise we've been making healthy lifestyle choices by drinking lots of water, incorporating veggies into our meals, and cutting down (but not giving up) sweets, just to list a few. We read our friends blog of how they're trying to be healthy and are avoiding pasta and rice- sorry guys we just can't do that so instead i've been using brown rice and whole wheat pasta and then just eating the right size portions.
going ptthhh

Because of my weight loss and me complaining that I'm always having to hike my pants up and wear a belt Cory thought he'd be a nice husband (actually he was sick of my whining) and take me clothes shopping! But here's the kicker both attempted outings were busts, the first weekend we decided to go to Park City to shop at the outlets but as luck would have it some idiot driver crashed into a transmission line cutting out power for 7,000 people/businesses including the outlets. Because of the power outage the stores couldn't function without their cash registers (amazing how we rely so much on technology, makes you wonder what would happen in a major disaster) so they ended up closing shop. There were no crazy car wrecks on the second outing but after going to 7 stores and not finding anything I liked we decided to call it quits, so I'll be waiting a little longer before I bug Cory to take me again.

Last friday our good friend Brittney got married so we spent thursday and friday celebrating with her and some of our other friends- Congrats again Britt and Ben, hope Hawaii was a blast!

exchanging rings
Britt and Poppy during the grandpa, grand-daughter dance- soo sweet!

Ali, Sophie, and Cory- the ceremony didn't start on time so to entertain ourselves we placed bets on when it'd start, none of us won we were beaten by Jamie who guessed 4:30 pm.


Ali, Me, Sophie, and cute Shae who is expecting a little girl in August! :) Hope you're not mad at me for posting this pic of your cute little belly.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Those pictures of you guys at the park are soo cute. Sophie's hat and glasses make me giggle. :)
Thanks again for letting us come and visit you. You guys are a neat couple, I'm glad Victory is friends with you so I can be too!

Nick and Leila said...

I can not believe how big your little girl is! How cute!!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Rebe we had so much fun in Hawaii it was hard to come back. I missed Mack so much. I love your pictures they are so cute! Thanks again for coming to our wedding and for all you have done for us.

The Kelley's said...

Your blog is so much fun! I can't believe how cute and big Sophie is. Let us know the next time you are up in Logan. It would be great to see you guys! Craig and I (mostly me!) just finished creating our blog. www.craigandheidikelley.blogspot.com Feel free to check it out if you want to!

María Gloria Romero said...

Hola Rebeca: Saludos desde Montevideo, Uruguay. Felicidades a ti y a Cory por su nueva casa y por Sofia que esta cada dia mas hermosa. Muchas bendiciones a los tres de parte de sus amigos del Sur

Fede y Maria Gloria