Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Past Happenings

This past month we've had a lot of visitors stop by to see our place and of course to see Sophie. Our friends Tory and Alissa were up visiting from Nebraska so we had them over for dinner and they met Sophie for the first time, we've had both sets of grandparents, Tia Ina, Tios Kelly and Leah, Auntie Em and (Future Tio) Joey come and visit so we've been entertaining a lot which has been fun. Since my last posting we've found a couch and are now hunting for a kitchen table and leather chairs, we also found a jogging stroller- a Joovy Zoom, totally LOVE IT and recommend it to anyone in the market of buying a single jogger. Sophie and I (and occasionally Cor) have been running when the weather has been cooperative we're currently running 3.8miles (thank you google maps) at about a 8 to 8:30mile pace not too shabby for not running in over a year. We got a gym membership and Cory has been going every morning before work and I have been trying to go later in the morning with Sophie but it hasn't been working out too well cause she's unpredictable. Most days she'll wake up around 8 but then there's the mornings when she's up at 6 so then her feeding schedule gets off and then SHE'S the one that trys to get back to her normal feeding making the entire day crazy sooo on those days forget trying to make it to the gym cause I'm lucky to get in the shower before noon. So now we're going to try going after dinner and see if that works better for all of us.
This past Easter we decided to stay in Centerville and just spent time together as a family, we didn't do anything special for Sophie since she's not old enough yet to understand but we did have an easter feast of ham, green beans, rolls, and potatoes. It was a beautiful day so we took some pictures of Sophie outside.
Next week will be Sophie's 4mon checkup so I'll be posting her stats after our visit.



The Joovy


Sophie about to go on our first run

Mamama and Sophie- Mamama came up for a girl's sleepover and we had a lot fun eating empanadas, talking, and shopping. I've been trying to alternate sophie's hair-do between spiky and down to train her hair but I prefer the spiky look cause when it's down it just looks matted.

LOVE this picture! I was getting ready to take some pictures of her and just sat her in her bumbo but she looks like she's sitting on the toilet hahaha. Notice the red hair? It changes depending on the light- it looks brown most of the time but when there's a lot of light or she's out in the sun it'll look red or strawberry blonde so who knows what color its going to be, maybe like Julia Roberts. Her eyes are still blue and I'm thinking they're going to stay that way. :)
She definetly has the sad puppy dog face down, she wasn't in the mood for pictures.

Easter pictures


Sophie and Cory

I'm in the process of learning photoshop so if anyone has pointers/tips-send them my way so I can fix this so the burp rag isn't hanging infront of her face.

Practicing walking and standing


2 comments:

B and J said...

She is getting so big! I'm glad you have settled in. I am so excited to see you next week!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Little Sophie, she is growing up so fast! She is such a cutie. I love the stroller. I will see you in one week let me know if you three are coming to PF Changs thursday? I am going to make reservations. I miss you soooooooooo much, I can't wait to give Sophie a big hug and remember I have a little bracelet for her.