Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One with Nature

Last weekend our ward had a campout at North Fork up Ogden Canyon so we took Sophie on her first camping trip and our first campout in the last two years! Sophie proved she is infact our daughter, she was a great little camper! Always smiling, mesmorized by the fire, not afraid of thunder and lightening (unlike her mami), and slept thru the entire night in a tent!
When we first got up there some storm clouds were rushing in so Cory and I had to hurry to get our tent up before the storm hit, I was a little nervous because the lightening was coming very often and very close and I AM NOT a fan of lightening so I was running around hunched over to try and stay as close to the ground as possible since we were camping in a open meadow. As luck would have it we got our tent up just as the rain came pouring down- it lasted about an hour and afterwards it was the perfect night to be camping. Sophie stayed warm all night thanks to me buddling her in several layers and she got her first taste of dutch oven peach cobbler yummy! Needless to say we are already talking about when the next time we can go camping now that Sophie has proven herself. Oh! If anyone of you with babies is planning on going camping soon, the winter bundlemes work great as a sleeping bag! Sophie being dressed into her many layers: onesie, long-sleeved shirt, hoodie, sweat pants, socks, rain coat, socks used as mittens, beanie, oh and don't forget the bib!Afterwards all decked out
Sophie and I next to our tent.
Daddy and Sophie, check out the sunset behind them- beautiful!

Mami and Sophie after the storm passed
Sophie in her new highchair. We opted for this one instead of the regular big ones or one that attaches to the counter. This one doesn't take up alot of space and is great to take on the road to the grandparents, park, and camping. Anyway Sophie continues to bring us lots of joy everyday, about 95% of the time she is smiling and being silly. She had her 6mon checkup last week and now weighs in at 17lbs 14oz, is 26 1/4 inches long, and has a head circumference of 17.3 inches putting her in the 82nd and 87th percentiles. She now rolls from side to side and is getting closer everyday to crawling but we still think she will skip it all together and go straight to walking because standing and jumping are still her favorite pasttimes. We are working on a few baby signs in order to be able to communicate a little better with her but she hasn't mastered any of them yet, hopefully in a month or so. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer weather and that everyone has a safe and wonderful 4th of July!


5 comments:

Ficker Family said...

Oh my goodness. Your camping trip looks so fun. We were going to try to go this weekend but now my husband thinks it will be too much work. I'm so bumbed, I want to go soooooo bad! Good advice about the bundleme thing. I would have never thought. Also, your high chair, I'm wondering what kind it is. We still haven't bought any because our kitchen isn't very big so we don't want to buy those "huge" ones. Anyway, I love seeing your updates. Sophie is so adorable. She's a big girl, just like my boys. I love healthy babies!!!

Cory & Rebeca said...

The highchair is an Evenflow from Babies R Us.

Amber said...

What a fun camping trip. I am glad that Sophie proved to be such a good little camper. You never know whith these little people :). I love the picture with her all decked out in her camping clothes. That highchair looks really cool what a great find. Excited to see you in a few weeks in Logan, hope that you bring Sophie. Will is staying home but Cassidy is probably coming with me. Hopefully we can talk about getting together sometime when I see you.

Belinda Olsen said...

I LOVE Sophie's hat!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

How cute is little sophie! I am so excited to see you guys this weekend. I got sophie a suprise!