Yesterday we went up to Logan to visit fam and upon entering town we were "greeted" by many ambulances and EMT vehicles headed towards the canyon. Upon further investigation we found out that a canal that runs along Canyon Road had broken causing a mudslide that covered a home trapping 3 people inside (now presumed dead) and causing many other homes to be evacutated.
This has been a little TOO close to home because it happened on the "Island" near the neighborhood I grew up in and I had spent many a times running and biking along this canal. At one point we had heard rumors that it was the 1st Dam that had broken and that sent me into a panic thinking that the water had gone and destroyed my parents home, I am thankful that it wasn't that dramatic but am sorry for the lives this has effected and for the people that have lost their homes and family. To see video, pictures and read more about this disaster click here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7125186.
No comments:
Post a Comment