Last weekend was one of the most grueling weekends I've ever been through but it was worth it cause I'm officially a certified personal trainer! Friday was a 8 hour review session, saturday consisted of the written section which was a 3 portion test. That was the longest day and when I came home that evening, my brain was fried, Cory asked me about my exam but I didn't want to discuss anything that had to do with exercise science or really anything else and that night was spent allowing my brain to re-boot itself for sunday. Sunday was by far the fun day for me because it was the pracitcal part where we performed fitness assessments, had to create 3 different workout programs for 3 different case scenarios given to us, and then take a "new" client through some beginner exericses out in the gym.
I'm excited to finally have my certification and this week I'm getting my first clients, up to this point i've been training myself and then shadowing the other p.t.s with their clients so it'll be nice to finally put all my knowledge from school and work to use and create workouts for people and watch them achieve their fitness goals (that is if they take the tools given to them and put them to good use).
So here's an interesting thing I learned about Oregon: you're not a true Oregon native until you've been "bombed", that's putting it nicely, by a seagull. I've learned this through watching a fellow trainer get dumped on twice in one week by a seagull out in the gym parking lot. This particular seagull will be perched on a building across the street from us and just stand watch there until Dave (the victim) comes out of the front door. Then the bird takes action and starts diving and dumping as much as it can until it hits its target! No one else has been bothered by this seagull so it makes me wonder if Dave did something to aggravate it, maybe he attempted to feed it alka-seltzer...I dunno but I do know its got me paranoid every time I see a seagull fly my way. Some of the clients then informed me this happens regularly here in Newport so there's another reason added to my list of why I hate Oregon and will NEVER agree to living here permanently.
I think thats enough of a post for today plus here's some pictures for you all to enjoy.
2 comments:
Hooray- you finally made it through!!!! Good luck with you clients this week & dodging the seagull "bombs"... yuck!
Congrats, Rebe, on getting your certification! Now the dough will just come rollin' in...heck, Cory can retire now. Okay, maybe not, but you'll enjoy it.
Post a Comment