Yes I know it's March and I'm posting Christmas pictures, better late than never as the saying goes. We had a jammed packed holiday season as I'm sure most of you also experienced so this will be done in segments. The following pictures are of Christmas Eve and Day.
On the 23rd the kids got to open up a present from Mami and Daddy- new christmas outfits! And of course they were matching! Sophie kept telling Jens "look we're twins!". So the first pictures are of all of us after Church in our dressy outfits.
Me and the men in my life
The kids doing their rendition of "Santa Claus"- "ho ho ho"At this point in the holiday season my kids were done with being told to look at the camera and smile so this is what i got from Jens: Says it all doesn't it?
Sophie was willing to give me a little bit more and gave me a "princessy" shot and a smirk.
Cory and I- I really need to do better of taking pictures of US, not just the kids.
CHRISTMAS!!! For the first time in a LOOOONG time Cory and I actually woke up BEFORE the kids! Shocker! Our family is now at the fun stage where our kids know AND appreciate Santa and all the magic this time of year brings so it helps bring out the kids in us too. Since we were awake before the kids i was able to take a picture of our tree and the presents before the mayhem began. Can you believe Santa was nice enough to take the time out of his busy schedule and set up Sophie's doll house and Jens's train set- what a guy!
he even let a mini santa in the doll house ;)
Other gifts from Santa by the fireplace
The night before Cory and I had set up our suitcases as a precautionary measure to keep the kids to getting to the tree and presents before we woke up.
Sophie with her haul
Jens with his, they must've been good this year.
And look here! Deer tracks in our front lawn! At school Sophie was given a bag of oats and glitter to put out for Santa's reindeer. When she came home that day this is what she asked me "why do Santa's reindeer eat glitter? Isn't it bad?" so i had to explain to her that only Santa's reindeer can eat glitter because they are magic. We added them to the carrots we usually leave for the deer and Santa's cookies and cocoa, looks like they enjoyed them. :)
1 comment:
Adorable pictures, and gorgeous family. I love the 'kiss sandwich picture.'
I always think about how great it would be if everyday I woke up way before the kids and got myself composed before they woke up, but I just enjoy sleep too much.
Also I love what you did with your paneled wall and frames- very classy.
Post a Comment