Well after a 5 month hiatus I am back on the blogging scene but can't promise I will be responsible and actually make regular posts. This next post is dedicated to my other half, the head huancho of our familia, my best friend of 11 years, Cory. He turned the big 3-0 back in January and to celebrate I threw him an appropriately themed surprise birthday party- GRUMPY OLD MEN. With the help of some buddies I gave my Mr. a day of "age" appropriate activities away from the house to celebrate with the guys. UNFORTUNATELY you cannot trust guys to remember to document their excursions for memory purposes so I do not have any pictures to post from his party :( But you can see from the invite below it was pretty amazing. :)
There are also no pictures from the dinner portion because I, being the awesome wife had whipped up a Peruvian Dinner to serve to the guests and had to play my role of hostess that I didn't think twice to grab the camera- my bad. : /
Here are some pictures from his actual birthday:
The kids and I made him Southern Caramel Cake
About to blow out the candles, Cory was kind enough to wear his "outfit" from his party.
I had to post this picture of all the lights going out the second he blew out the candles because the next picture is when the lights came back on and is just priceless :)
Eating our cake
Opening presents: Sophie was adamant of getting daddy a new tool for his birthday
Jens wanted to get him a new hammer
I gave him a year of dates
Happy Birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment