Before Photos:
What the room looked like when we first bought the house: BLAH! But i could see its potential...
This shot of the stairs is part of our remodel, i never got a shot of the before on our stairs since i was pregnant and not allowed to come inside the house during the massive roof reno thanks to a overprotective husband and moms (my mama and Michelle). But in your minds picture an old european staircase that was steep and narrow. Notice the old door which leads outside? Yea it had a indoor door knob (meaning no deadbolt) so you can imagine how freaked out I'd get when the hubbs was away on business trips and I'd be hearing all the "bumps in the night" and thinking someone was breaking into our home.
Our new deadbolted door :)
view from the carport
Taking out the old windowwhen we first moved in I painted the walls Sherwin Williams French Gray but after a few months i decided it was too dismal for the space and wanted our mudroom to be bright and welcoming.
The stairs with primer on them, hello foot.
Beadboard and new lighter and brighter wall color- I went for a neutral because I wanted to add the pops of color on the stairs and in the accessories.
Painting- I left for a weekend up in L-town with the kids so Cory could get some work done sans kids and this is what I came home to: The entire staircase in blue, I thought I was clear enough with the pictures I showed him online when I said I wanted it painted like a runner. Try again.
My mama had this bench lying around her house and said we could take it and use it for our space.
Miss Sophie priming with Daddy- what a great little helper!
And the bench afterwards- isn't it cute!
AFTER Photos:
The cute cushion was redone by my mom-in-law Michelle, she's a great seamstress! Notice the stairs? That is what I was envisioning. :) What's missing from this photo is our fun area rug- we had a potty training accident on the rug and me being a dry-cleaner procrastinator I have yet to go pick it up. But you can see what it looks like here: http://www.dashandalbert.com/product/view/tortola-ticking-woven-cotton-rug--RDA029
Next up for this room are cubbies (that Cory will build) to go above our coat rack that will store gloves, scarves, hats, etc. Baskets for the bench to hide our shoes, and a boot tray (Cory will again build- I'm soo lucky to have a handy husband!). Along with a cute photo and one or 2 pillows for the bench.
View of the new and improved stairwell :) When Cory built the new staircase he also built this half-wall which now works perfectly for.....
the piece de la resistance- the new home of our washer and dryer with butcher block countertop! The cabinets are 2 of the old ones that we saved from our kitchen remodel then we just freshened them up with a new coat of paint and door knobs.
Next up for this space is under cabinet lights, built in drawers to go in between the washer and dryer, a retractable clothes line, and a cuter basket to hold rags (but for now this one will suffice).
And a close-up of my fun little light fixture :)
Products we used:
Walls- Benjamin Moore Vanilla Ice Cream
Ceiling, Beadboard, and trim: B.M. Super White- LOVE this white! We have used this for the ceiling and trim in the rest of our house and it just makes everything feel so fresh and bright..
Stairs: white edge is B.M. Super White but it looks more cream than the rest of the trim/ceiling because we used an oil-based poly to protect the stairs after the paint was dry, "runner" is B.M. Mexicali Turquoise and little trim on the "runner" is painted in B.M. Incense Stick.
Paint on bench: Rustoleum in Aqua
Butcher Block Countertop- Ikea
Floor- we tore up the linoleum and continued the floor tile we had in the kitchen which is Daltile's Concrete Connection Eastside Brown in a 13"x13" laid in a subway pattern.
Light Fixture: Schoolhouse Electric "Otis" ceiling mount and shade HP-4408-08-4-M in Aqua.
Bike Clock: Pier 1 Imports
Fabric on cushion- indoor/outdoor fabric I found at Joann's.
Hooks and cabinet knobs: Lowes
6 comments:
It looks so good! I love the "stair runner" and that light fixture is to die for!
Are you still thinking about doing numbers up your stairs? I keep thinking about going and checking out the couple antique shops by me. If you let me know how tall your stair rise is and how many you need, I'll see if I can find any.
That is so amazing! you guys are so talented....I'm not sure Victory and I could pull any of this remodeling off. very impressive.
Love it! Wish I had your knack for decorating!
"Try again" ... Bahaha! :)
You two are quite the team! It looks SO nice.
Wow. Good work! You have great taste! We will be in Utah in December, it would be fun to see your place!
Post a Comment