Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summertime Fun

We've finally been getting some sun and warm weather here in Utah so Sophie and I have been taking every opportunity we can find to be outside playing in the sandbox, eating ice cream on our porch, going on walks and to the park with Daddy, chasing birds, picking flowers, and of course playing in the water! Sophie is a big time water baby- takes after her mama- and loves getting wet even when she has her clothes on...lol. Here are some pictures of Sophie playing with our latest summer toy- a sprinkler ball!




taking a quick break to point out an airplane flying overhead- she's saying "whats that?!" thats one of her favorite phrases- other phrases and words said by sophie are : "Oh WOW!", "Where is it?", "Where'd he/she go?", "uh-oh", "sit", "doggie", "this", "up", "daddy", "mama", "Oh Weee!", "mmmm", and "juice".

please ignore the sagging swimsuit and diaper, i was too lazy to go change her out of her diaper into a swim diaper.
Our daughter has no problem whatsoever sticking her face right into the water, here she is trying to catch and drink it at the same time.
playing with some other water toys- guns and squishy balls

Time for a popsicle!

8 comments:

B and J said...

I think we should introduce Sophie to a Girls Day Out at Bear Lake :)

Dustin and Tricia said...

Such a cutie! I hope we have some more warm weather!

Di said...

So cute! Don't you love summertime with little kids. Where did you get that awesome popsicle holder?

Cory & Rebeca said...

Bear Lake sounds like a blast to me! Di- I found the popsicle holder at Kitchen Kneads in Logan and it reverses so the other side can hold a ice cream cone. :)

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Ahhhhh look at mamma's water baby so cute! I want that beach ball thats so cool, the picture of her putting her hands out and letting the water spray her is priceless love her face. Lets plan Bear Lake when could you girls go?

Nelson Family said...

That looks like so much fun; Sophie is such a darling little girl!

Missy said...

Oh my Sophie is getting so big! And SO adorable! I love that little green swim suit, so so so cute!!!

Natalie said...

Oh, she is SO cute! Adorable! Isn't it great that kids are so happy with the simplist things? I