Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sophie's First Halloween!

Carving the pumpkins we got for Halloween. Sophie was a great helper and was willing to get her hands dirty although Cory did most of the labor in the end. Sophie loved putting on and taking off the lids to the pumpkins, here she is doing just that

squatting down to pick it up

and then placing it "onto" the pumpkin, this was obvioulsy the lid to one of the smaller pumpkins.


Sophie: "Where did the lid go? Hmmm well I think I'll just nibble off some the edge to be able to reach down more easily."


The final product- I chose to do a traditional face this year, Cory's is the biggest one that has a moon, bats, and a scary tree and then Sophie's is the baby one. I had her take a pen and go at in on the pumpkin and then when she was finished Cory and I played "find the picture" within the lines and this was the outcome: a bone gate leading to a haunted house on a hill with a grave yard next to it and a bat flying in the light of the moon. Impressive? I think so.


For Halloween our friends invited us over to their place for a all day extravaganza with lots of yummy food and games followed by trunk-or-treating followed by more food and a movie. It was lots of fun watching our kids play with one another and being able to spend the day with friends that we don't get to see very often. It was also our first time trunk-or-treating which I think is great for little ones but once Sophie gets older I hope we'll be able to do it the old school way house to house- its the best way!
Last Christmas I received a book with all sorts of cute ideas to decorate cupcakes so I decided to try out another one of the ideas for the party (I used the same book to make babies for the baby shower I did a few months ago). Here are our werewolves and bats cupcakes.



Sophie and I at the party getting ready for trunk-or-treating. Sophie was Queen of the Bats, I made felt bats and hung them on her tutu and painted a bat onto a turtleneck then we found a fun head band and baton that became her crown and septer.
At trunk-or-treat. Sophie was a little tired and also a little confused of why everyone around her, including her mom, looked soo weird.
Making the rounds with Daddy.

Regis and Crystal with their little girls Abby (the chicken), and Evangeline (tube of toothpaste).


Brady, Shelley, and Theran family of dogs. :)

Sophie enjoying some of her booty- a glo stick

This is not a sugar-rush, this is Sophie getting her second wind on the way back to the house.
Hope everyone had a fun halloween and I'll try to get back on the ball with posting!

8 comments:

Ali Andrus said...

haha she is soooo cute! And I just LOVE your cupcakes. We just had a baby shower at your mom's house and I made baby cupcakes, but I'm sure they were nowhere near as cute as yours...

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Rebe, how adorable I love it! I love her little batman costume and your cat woman so dang cute!

Crystal said...

So cute! We had a blast hanging out with you, and I am still in awe of the cupcakes. Could you email us the picture of all four of us?

Ann said...

Sophie looks so cute! Are Brady and Regis both in your ward? How fun!

Nelson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nelson Family said...

So much fun, I love that you did find the hidden picture with her pumpkin!

Belinda Olsen said...

Very cute! I also LOVE your cupcakes!

Amber said...

What a fun Halloween. Sophie looks adorable and it appears she had a great time. I love the cup cakes! So cute and the look really yummy! And how fun to see Regis and Brady. I haven't seen either of them forever and they look like they have such cute famlies. We still need to get together. Sophie and Cassidy could problaby actually play together now. Maybe after the holidays... Jan. and Feb. always get a little slow.