Thursday, January 1, 2009

First couple of weeks

Papapa y Sophie
Tio Chris y Sophie

One of Sophies many faces, this is one she'll make when she's about to get food.
Christmas Eve: Sophie and her Daddy in their christmas pj's

Our christmas present to our families

Sophie and Daddy asleep


In a dress sent by her familia in Peru

Sophie and Me


Sophie and Cory



Getting sung the elefante song by Mamama

We've really been enjoying having our Madame Sophie home with us, I 'm sure a lot of parents think this about their children but honestly she is the best baby ever! She doesn't cry or wail its more of a "eh" that gets slightly louder if she's still not pleased but it never turns into a siren. She's a great little eater (minus the fact that we're trying to get her off the shield- we had to use that after she had all the tubes down her throat, it was a difficult adjustment for her to learn to latch). And she'll actually sleep through the night if we let her! A few nights ago we had set our alarm for 4 am to feed her but it never went off, I woke up a little after 7 am the next morning and realized she never cried and the alarm didn't go off so I immediately jumped out of bed and rushed to her thinking something was wrong but there she was still fast asleep that I had to wake her up so that she could eat. And last night we had another sleep episode, her last feeding was around 12:30 and then she went to sleep about an hour later Cor and I were tired and decided not to set the alarm and let her wake us up when she got hungry in the middle of the night but once again she slept the entire night til 7:30 when I woke up to her cooing. Is that a bad thing??? We go for her 2 week check up tomorrow so I'm going to ask if its ok that she sleeps through the night already and if it is we'll be soo lucky to have her sleep all night just at 2 weeks. :D
We've been enjoying being parents and the transition to parenthood hasn't been difficult - for us anyway- hopefully she'll continue to be a sweet girl as she gets older. Besides the routine eat/sleep/pee/and poop Sophie constantly entertains us with all her faces and jabber and surprise surprise she's an Abba girl through and through! Amazingly Cory and I have had a difficult time remembering the old nursery rhymes and lullabies (you'd think we'd have those engrained in our heads after hearing them soo often as kids) so we've resorted to singing Queen, Abba, and other pop songs and Sophie loves them! Her favorite right now is Dancing Queen! I know it talks about a teenage girl being a flirt and going out and dancing but hey it makes Sophie smile. My mom has been better and sings spanish lullabies to her which Sophie also loves, I'm having my mom teach me so i can remember them. Out of all of those she loves one about elefantes. We've also been having my mom and dad speak solely in spanish to her so that she will hopefully learn and keep the language (unlike me) so we don't lose it from the family.
For Sophie's first Christmas and New Year's it was spent just relaxing at home and enjoying our little girl being home safe and sound and having friends and family over to meet her. We're so thankful for her and couldn't imagine life without her.

9 comments:

María Gloria Romero said...

Qué linda está Sophie con su Mama y Mamama :)
Mil besos a las tres !!!!

B and J said...

She is so beautiful! I am glad you are all adjusting well! I hope I get to come see her soon!
Love you!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

I just love her pictures! I can't wait to see her again I did not want to stop holding her. Will have to have a girls night soon!
I love ya.

deerhollow said...

We need to come see her! She is adorable! And...lucky you that she is sleeping so well. You are wonderful parents. She is very blessed to be in your family. Little girls are just precious!!!
Congratulations!

Alissa said...

Ahh, she is honestly a really cute baby! I love the pictures! Victory told me last night as we were looking at your blog that you were Peruvian, I had no idea! that's awesome!

Congratulations on the sweet girl!

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

How is the new mommy doing? I got some good pictures I am going to give you them! I miss you guys!

Natalie said...

You are SUCH a cute mom! I'm so happy for you guys! I think I said that in my last comment, but I really am! Anyway, what a sweet babie Sophie is. Hopefully I'll get to meet her sometime!

the firths said...

You guys are awesome! We were so impressed with how you guys were able to roll with the punches having Sophie in the NICU and come home all cute and looking ready to teach another spin class. We love you guys.

Ficker Family said...

Let me just say congratulations on your little girl! Now let me say, you two are spoiled rotten. If she started sleeping through the night at 2 weeks....that's very unfair. :) She's beautiful.