Still waiting for our little girl to arrive which has been such a difficult thing for me cause I'm use to being in control of things and with her I have no say when she'll be here. This morning we went to the dr and I'm 100% effaced, still at -1 station almost 0, and a good 2 cm dialated, I had such high hopes that she'd be here by now since the last time I had posted on here but baby is being stubborn. We think the dr scared her the last time we went in- when checking to make sure the baby was in good position the dr felt a little hand so we had an ultrasound to check things out and her head was where it was suppose to be and it looked like she had just stuck her hand up for a second and then pulled it back down so I think the big hand frightened her and now she's content of just staying in her little bubble.
In the meantime I've been trying everything in my power to get her out before her due date AND before Christmas: eating spicy food, going on bumpy car rides (we went and did donuts by the ice arena this morning), long walks, crawling, you name it we've tried it. This entire ordeal is making me learn to have more patience which I guess is a good thing cause I'll need a lot of it after she's born. As for guesstimates of how big she's going to be, we know she's going to be long because of the ultrasound we had- the dr's thinking 21 inches and as for weight the guess has been 7.13 or 7.14 so a good size baby, a little chubette.
Cory is doing better than I am but even for him he's starting to get annoyed that she's not listening to her daddy and coming out to say hello :). He graduated with his Master's last week! Infact he didn't even have to take his finals- he got to cop out of both of them because he already had A's in his classes! So he graduated with a Master's in engineering with a 4.0- sorry if I'm bragging but thats just impressive and I'm proud to have such a smart hubby. :D But don't expect any graduation pictures on here, he didn't want to walk (I don't blame him, I didn't want to either). To celebrate his graduation my mom made him one of his favorite peruvian meals and my parents gave him a beautiful frame to put his degree in and then a camera (I mentioned it in our previous post). Since then he's been working away fixing up some apartment complexes and we're still waiting for the right job to come our way.
That's the latest update with us, hopefully we'll be posting pictures of our little one before Christmas.
5 comments:
She will be here within hours! She needs to come out and say merry christmas to us!!!!!!! I got your cute text this morning so cuteeeeee! Let me know when and if you need anything from aunt britt!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to Cory on his graduation! That really is an accomplishment. I have a brother-in-law in Electrical E. and last Christmas glancing at one of his text books I knew I could never be an engineer. Not smart enough! As for the baby... I hopet that she gets here soon for you. It is no fun at the end. I was lucky enough to be induced two weeks early with Will and that was fine by me. Have you tried skipping and Castor Oil? Those are two things that have worked for a few of my friends.
All right, I have no expert advice (aka Amber) for getting the little sucker to come out. Parenthetically, I'm starting to get skeptical about castor oil, since it seems to be the cure for everything--is it possible that it tastes so horrible that those who take it want everyone else to suffer like they did? Here's hoping the process goes quickly. Hopefully I'll get the chance to see all three of you--I'm back in Logan for the holidays.
Best,
Ben
Rebe! She needs to come out right? This is what has worked for a lot of people. You have cory rub your shin bone starting at your ankle and going toward your knee. I don't know why it works, but it does. The only side effect is that it kinda hurts. Best of luck I hope she comes soon!
Haha, I remember those days. We got suggestions like "walk with one foot on the curb and one in the gutter" and "drink a six pack of cola and take a motorcycle ride." Yeah, nothing worked for us either. :) You've just got to grin and bear it!
Post a Comment