Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Baby Shower

Last Saturday the girls threw me and BabyGirl a shower at Jamie's house. It was great spending time with everyone that was there and catching up with Emily- She was in town from Virginia visiting family. Ali and Britt weren't able to make it, one of these days we'll get EVERYONE together. :) In the end it was an enjoyable afternoon with good friends and good food, thanks girls! I will also use this time to update that everything with the pregnancy is still going well, I've finally entered the 3rd trimester and am 28 weeks (7months) along so that means dr appointments every 2 weeks now. I had a doctor's appt yesterday and am measuring exactly where I should be and have started to put on more weight-good for baby, but definetly not my cup of tea- thankfully its nothing too drastic but who knows how I'll end up once the holidays roll around.......One cute thing that babygirl did was when my dr placed the ultrasound on my tummy to listen to her heartbeat, babygirl started kicking exactly where the ultrasound was! It startled my dr. and I just laughed, I don't think babygirl likes to be "invaded". She's kicking TONS now and already is on a schedule, I feel her the most at 7am, than in the afternoon between 1-4, again at bedtime which is usually between 9-10pm, and then when I've woken up for the nightly bathroom trips around 3:30-4am. Last night I had my first rib kick and that was not fun! I'm still pedaling away in my spin class but am taking it easy and not doing as much as I was able to a month ago, I'm hoping I'll make it at least to my 8 month mark before I have to stop riding completly and just teach off the bike.
Quick update on Cory's job search: we've heard back from only two firms so far that when we applied they didnt' have any job postings on their websites so of course we got the emails saying they'd keep Cory's resume on file if something did come up. BUT last night Cory received a call from a firm in HAWAII!!!! They'll be calling again sometime within in the week so maybe we'll be heading to the islands who knows. :D

Even though Ali couldn't make it to the shower she was creative and mailed me a package that arrived on Jamie's doorstep that very morning! That was so unexpected but sooo Ali- always thinking on ways to bring happiness to her friends even if she is in another state.
The basics: wipes, washcloth and towel, and undershirts. Thanks Ali!
Emily made me the yellow nappy I'm holding and then gave me this pink bunny pj (remind anyone of a Christmas Story???hehe) and then a rubber duck book. Notice how the pj is floating? Actually its not but thanks to the buddha belly I have another way to hold things!
The Queen of Themes! Lis gave me a ladybug nappy, the book "the Grouchy Ladybug", and the cutest bead pacifier holder that again has ladybugs on it!
Jamie gave me a basket full of goodies for bedtime: BabyGirl's first teddy bear, a hooded towel that she made, a pj with snowflakes on it, two books, and Johnson & Johnson lavendar scented soap and lotion which smells sooo good! Its suppose to help make baby sleepy so cross your fingers. :)


Picture of us girls, Shae had to leave early cause she was swamped at work doing up-do's for all the homecoming dances going on in the valley so we forgot to get a pic of just the two of us and her gift but she also gave me things for bedtime: a cute pj, booties, a beanie, a minky blanket, some more of the Johnson & Johnson bedtime soap/lotion, and the book "Goodnight Moon" which was one of my favorites growing up. I'll post more pictures later cause my family down in Peru has already sent us gifts too so I need to take pictures of those and also we have the crib and changing table up in the temporary "nursery" so I need to post those too.

2 comments:

Ali said...

you are adorable! What you should have seen was me trying to fit the gift in the envelope in the parking lot of the post office at 8am. It's at times like those that I truly know I was born blond!! Love you and babygirl (i'm a firm believer in the fact that she'll love me too)

Andie said...

I went blog hunting one night and came across your blog and good news! Congratulations! You are beautiful, Reb, and glowing! I am so happy for you guys and really wish the best for you. I currently have no blog, but we should keep in touch.

Andie Choate (andiechoate@gmail.com)