The following pictures are all of the fam: Daddy, Mami, Ina, Chris, Cory, and I.

Sunday, October 19, 2008
Real SL vs. Dallas
Cory took this picture of Zimmer and I chilling on the couch, this is what we do A LOT of these days. Whenever I'm on the couch Zimmer will come and lay right next to me and put his head on my tummy and we'll both fall fast asleep- I fall asleep cause Zimmy keeps me warm and I think he falls asleep feeling BabyGirl kicking, she'll always start to kick right where his heads at (I hope its not the beginning of sibling rivalry).
Yesterday my dad took all of us to the Real Salt Lake game, it was held in their brand new stadium in Sandy. The stadium was pretty impressive and I'm glad Real has their own playing field and doesn't have to share with the U anymore. We arrived pretty early cause my dad was wanting to avoid traffic and find good parking so we had a ton of time to kill before the game started wandering the premises and taking lots and lots of pictures.
We sat between the "L" and "T" in "Salt". The onings (sp?) were pretty impressive and Cory explained to me what was done to support that particular design- oh the joys I get to experience for the next 50+ years being married to an engineer. hehe Someday we'd both like to go to a soccer game in Europe to not only experience being in a crowd with very loyal and passionate soccer fans but to check out those stadiums -those are some serious stadiums!
Picture of Real's slogan on the north bleachers.
Real warming up.
Cory and I- notice how alot of the seats are still empty? That's how early we got there, but later on the stadium was packed cause the game had been sold out. The game was tons of fun, we had a very idiotic Center Ref that missed penalties happening RIGHT infront of him which was very frustrating but he made up for it later by red carding 2 players from Dallas, one during the first half and the other during the 80th minute. Real had a few yellow cards themselves for stupid calls like tripping but Dallas sure was a dirty team, they had tons of calls for elbowing and dangerous plays which made the game more interesting to watch cause there were a few fights that broke out. The only player that I wish Real's coach took out during the first 10 minutes of play was Clint Mathius, I don't know how old he is now but he's WAY past his prime and shouldn't be allowed to play the full 90 minutes any longer. He was such a slacker and missed the easiest of passes and shots, it was like he was sleeping on the field! Real won 3-1 (No thanks to him) and have now advanced to the playoffs! :) 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey babe I loveeeeeeeeeee the picture of you a zimmer! He knows there is a baby in your tummy and he is protecting her! I love it when Mack cuddles with me and we fall asleep!
The soccer game looked way fun! I love how you have the "Days to go" counter and format of your blog. Cute shower pics. I wish I could give you and your cute belly and big hug. You're so adorable and I love the hair. Brady and I will actually be in Logan christmas time so hopefully we'll get to see the baby!
Great post, Rebe. It's great to keep up on what you're doing...even though I'm less than a few miles away. T-minus two months, best of luck, Rebe!
(I'll have to ask Cory about the engineering principles behind the stadium design. I'm sure it's interesting.)
Post a Comment