So I realize I haven't posted for a few weeks now but life has been busy busy since returning to Logan; we had Cory's little brother Andy's and his fiance Jessica's open house and wedding, job hunting, a bbq with all our friends, and Cory going back to school all in the past few weeks. Cory found a job working construction for this fall sememster we were very thankful that he was able to find work so fast and something that was above average pay for Cache Valley. He's been enjoying it so far and its been working out with his school schedule so we're happy. :) As for his job after december, that's still a mystery as to where we'll be going cause Cory just updated his resume this past week so now we have to send them out and see what offers come our way. And me, well I found a job last week up at USU teaching spin classes M-TH nights up at the Fieldhouse. I had my first class yesterday and babygirl allowed me to make it thru the entire class with no problems so now its a matter of if she'll allow me to teach every day, there'll prb be a few nights that I will have to teach off the bike but other than that I'm sure it'll go smoothly.
We had our 6month (24wk) checkup yesterday and everything is looking good with our baby, she has a strong heart beat and measures exactly where she should be at this point and is starting to kick more regularly but nothing that puts me in discomfort- the dr said she prb won't kick hard until around 28wks. Oh- for those of you that might think I shouldn't be spinning, my Dr. gave me the go ahead for that too and actually thought it was great that I was doing something active cause it'll help me stay in shape for when it comes time to deliver. Plus it'll help when I have to take off the baby weight, speaking of which from our last appt I only gained 1lb for a total of 11lbs so far. Hopefully it'll stay decent and I'll only gain 10-15 lbs more in the 3rd tri.
Over Labor Day weekend we celebrated our 3rd Anniversary which was on the 1st of the month!! Neither of could believe we've actually been married for 3 years, but if you look at how long we've been together its been 8 years!!! To celebrate we planned a fun outing with a few of our friends to Salt Lake to watch a Real Salt Lake soccer game and then dinner afterwards. The game was against the Colorado Rapids and Real won 2-0, it would've been 3 but there was a call for offsides. We had a blast taunting the away fans who were sitting in the section next to us, mouthing off the HORRIBLE center ref, and cheering on Real. Afterwards we decided to try the new Cheesecake Factory restaurant located by the Fashion Place mall. I personally wouldn't recommend the food but the cheesecake was DELICIOUS so if you ever want to do a dessert night with your lovey it's a great choice, just don't do dinner. Saturday we spent the day moving some boxes into storage (yes- we're already preparing for the big move), checking out the Labor Day sale going on at Al's, went to dinner at Village Inn, and afterwards we set up babygirl's crib and dressing table! YIPEE!!!! I know we still have awhile before she gets here but its been on my mind for WEEKS and now I'm happy and relaxed. Sunday we went to a dutch oven bbq at Cory's aunts house and then Monday was our anniversary.
During the day Cory had to do homework and then went to his brother's house to put up some cabinets for him but when he came home he brought me a bouquet of yellow roses which was a huge surprise for me because he's not the flower and candy kind of guy. Instead he likes to do Happy Rebeca Days which occur randomly throughout the year and consists of anything from a movie, to exercise clothes/equipment, to another jacket (I have an obsession with jackets hehe). For dinner we tried out a new recipe, Madras Beef Curry (very yummy- I'll try to remember to post that on here another time) and then for dessert I made Cory suspiros which is one of his favorite desserts. The recipe is from Peru and its a kind of carmely custard topped with meringue.
Well I got to get started on today's playlist so hopefully the next time I post will be much sooner and I'll have pictures over the weekend I forgot to take pictures sorry! Oh I'm constantly on the hunt for new/fun music so if anyone has suggestions please feel free to post/email me- just no country, it doesn't work for spin or exercise of any kind at least thats what I think- thanks!
1 comment:
Hey Rebe! I got your e-mail awhile back. Yes that's the e-mail I use. So e-mail me from your e-mail and we can keep in touch. How many more times can i say e-mail in one short note??
Post a Comment