Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sophie's birthday part deux

Sophie's birthday itself was pretty low-key, we surprised her in the morning by streamering (that a word?- it is now) her front door.  She had requested pancakes for her birthday breakfast so Daddy made pancakes with candles for the birthday girl.  Sophie opened presents before daddy had to go to work and then I was planning on taking Sophie and Jens out to the park to play but then I came down with a stomach bug and was laid up all day.  So instead we stayed home and watched movies she had received for her birthday and the kiddos played with all her new toys while Mami laid around all day.  When Daddy came home he surprised Miss Sophie with a dozen pink roses and she LOVED them!  She has been asking for pink roses when she has her dance recital in March and Daddy decided to surprise her on her special day- big points for daddy!  Since I was sick and not really wanting to be around food let alone eat it Cory stepped it up and made Sophie's birthday dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. 





















4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the picture of Sophie and her flowers with Cory! That is so sweet!! Such a cute girl, glad she had a good birthday! Hope your feeling better!

B and J said...

What a sweet girl! So lucky to have such a wonderful Mami and Daddy to make her day so special!
Happy Birthday Miss Sophie!
I love you,
Auntie Jame

Natalie said...

Cute! I love the candles in the pancakes, and the crepe paper in the doorway!

Natalie said...

Cute! I love the candles in the pancakes, and the crepe paper in the doorway!