Monday, May 17, 2010

We Moved!

We finally got to move into our house 2 weeks ago, here are pictures of the mayhem of the roof remodel and the end results, we weren't as good documenting the entire process because Cory wasn't thinking "I have to take pictures of what I'm doing for our blog" and I and Sophie were banned from setting foot in the house to avoid us and baby brother from getting sick from all the nasty particles and fumes that get in the air. So the pictures I've taken are all from the outside from a "safe distance" lol.
I've enjoyed being able to make design choices for our first home but HATED every minute of not being able to actually work along side Cory swinging a hammer, knocking down walls, painting, and everything else that was done to the house but thanks to everyone that came and pitched in so we could stay on our 3 week timeline of moving out of our condo and into our house. There's still lots more to do but at least the house is liveable. I will post pictures of the inside jobs as we finish room by room and things are a bit more organized.
The entire roof had to be rebuilt because 50yrs ago there was a fire which cause some damage on the right side of the roof. It had been "fixed" but when Cor inspected it, it was amazing that the roof actually held up all these years- the next bad snow storm or tremor would've caused the roof to collapse. We wanted to fix it ourselves so this was something we used to talk down the price during negotiations. The old roof before: ugly red shingles and siding getting torn off
1/2 of the roof torn off
no more roof
new shingles, not the best pictures but the one we picked is called "Teak" from Lowes.
New pretty honeycomb siding on the gable :)

close-up

New light fixtures to replace outdate gold ones.

We're still not done with the exterior, the front door is going to get a facelift with new black paint/new glass/and hardware, the porch itself will get redone either with a concrete stain or completly new stone patio, along with a black porch swing and wicker seating. And please ignore the landscaping-besides weeding and mowing we're not planning on tackling the yard til the rest of the house is complete.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Love the house you guys. It has so much character and charm. I can't believe you had to redo the whole roof though. The picture with no roof is kind of wild. Also, I will e-mail you my new cell number today. We were in transition with phone numbers when you e-mailed me before. Hope you are enjoying your new home.

B and J said...

It's so cute! Cory did a great job on the roof and I'm sure the inside will look amazing when your done with it, you are both so talented and work so well together. Hope you are enjoying your new abode.
Give Sophie hugs and kisses!
Love you

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

Yay, so excited for you guys. Having your own and owning your house is the best feeling. I can't wait to see it in person.

Nelson Family said...

We are so excited for you all, what an exciting time for you! A new little one on the way, and all of the excitement of your first house; which looks so great! We can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about your improvements. We wish we were closer so we could come see it (more importantly you guys) in person. We miss you guys!

Belinda Olsen said...

Yeah! Congrats on all of the new news! I love the new gable and lights. That is super exciting!

María Gloria Romero said...

Hermosa casa para una hermosa familia, felicidades Cory, Rebe y Sophie. Abrazos