Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lagoon and Hogle Zoo

Hogle Zoo: last month Sophie and I went with Tricia, Dustin, Ethan, Emily, and Grandma to the zoo. Sophie didn't really get yet what was going on but it was fun to see her cousin, tios, and grandma. :) The dancing elephant
Sophie and Grandma at the bird show

Olga the sea hawk from Russia- this thing was massive!


The new baby giraffe that was born a few days earlier- soo cute!


Lagoon: Cory had a work party at Lagoon so we of course took full advantage of free passes and food. :) It was in the 70s that day which was perfect for going on rides and walking around the park with Sophie and later on it warmed up enough for us to go and hit the water park.

Sophie on her first merry-a-go ride! She had to ride on the "zimzim"


On the little train
water park fun- we took sophie around the lazy river and had her just sit on my lap while cory navigated us through the "rapids" we were trying not to get her wet since there was still a cool breeze and were doing a good job at it until we forgot about a section were water shoots out from the wall and BAM! Sophie got dead center! we thought she was going to scream but she just looked a little surprised and then started smiling. Cory and I then started laughing after seeing she was going to be ok and then she started giggling too it was too cute. :)

Cory took advantage of the short lines and went down the water slides, I didn't want to deal with wet hair and cold air later on so I opted out of the water slides this time and watched from the sidelines with Sophie. After this our camera died- we need to get a new pocket size one- but we took sophie on the ferris wheel after nightfall so she could see all the lights and she loved it. It was a great day and a few weeks ago Cory and I used our bounceback passes and went back to the park while Sophie stayed home and hung out with Grandma so we could go on all the roller coasters, etc. Thanks Grandma!

2 comments:

Britt,Ben,Baby BentLee and our dog Mack! said...

So much fun I bet Soph Loved the water! I have got to tell ya she looks so much like you! But you can totally tell she comes from her daddy to! I love the picture of you mom where she is peeking into the picture so mama Olsen!

Whitney B. Balls said...

Sophie is a doll baby. Fun pictures of all of you. Happy Belated Birthday Rebe.